HOW WE ARE PROTECTING YOU
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health.
Argyle Orthodontics would like to announce the phased re-opening of our office that has been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As you know, we have been closely following data regarding COVID-19. We have weighed information provided by Governor Abbott, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Federal Government COVID-19 Task Force, the Texas Dental Association (TDA), and the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO). We understand the gravity and precautions essential in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and have used the information we’ve gathered to inform our decisions on the best way to protect the health of our patients, staff and community, which is our top priority.
Our office will begin our phased re-opening with a limited treatment bay on the following date: Monday, May 4th.
Dr. Dyer and the Argyle Orthodontics team did not take the decision to reopen lightly. We are committed to taking every necessary step and precaution to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and the communities we serve. While we have always followed OSHA standards & guidelines, we will be implementing additional precautions including the following to ensure the health and safety of each person we see.
Here’s what we are doing to protect you:
- Installing top of the line Medical-grade H13 True HEPA air purification systems in the front area and back clinic bay which aid in reducing airborne and surface microbials, bacteria, viruses and mold
- Screening patients prior to entry into the office with a health questionnaire to ensure that potentially infected patients do not come in
- Screening patients at arrival by taking temperature using a touchless thermometer
- Checking the temperature of all employees upon entry into the office
- Decreasing patient load each day and spacing out appointments so fewer patients are in the clinic at any given time
- Requesting that anyone other than the patient who is being treated wait in their car if possible
- Cleaning with CDC-approved disinfectants before and after each patient visit
- Providing antibacterial mouth rinse for patients before they are seated for treatment
- Providing hand sanitizers & soap throughout the office
- Wearing appropriate PPE for every patient, including ADA approved masks, safety goggles, and gloves for each patient
- Wearing KN95 masks and face shields and gown covers for certain procedures performed by Dr. Dyer and the orthodontic assistants
- Scheduling follow-up appointments by phone to reduce time in office
Changes you’ll see in the office:
- Check-in w/ front desk staff for contactless check-in
- Empty chairs between patients in the treatment bay to ensure social distancing
- The reception area no longer contains magazines, children’s toys, or the refreshments at the drink station
- We recommend only patients come back to the treatment bay area
Here’s what we need from you:
- Brush your teeth before coming to your appointment
- Fill out any necessary paperwork or forms online prior to your appointment
- You should receive a link in your appointment-reminder text that will take you to the Wellness Screening Form.
- Arrive on time to all scheduled appointments to ensure minimal patient overlap
- Wear a mask or some form of facial covering for the nose and mouth for walking into/out of office
- We respectfully recommend that parents/caregivers/friends/siblings etc. stay in their car while the patient is being seen.
- We ask for your patience and understanding, as MANY appointments had to be cancelled over the past 6 weeks, and we are working hard to take care of everyone as expediently as possible, while following rigorous scheduling protocols to ensure everyone’s safety.
Please call 940-240-5400 for appointments or questions.
For patients that prefer to continue to shelter in place, Dr. Dyer can provide a virtual check-up appointment. To access these virtual checks, please call our office at the number listed above, or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty. We have missed your smiles, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Dr. David Dyer and Argyle Orthodontics Team